Applied Research in UNESCO’s Natural Protected Areas (Biosphere Reserves and Geoparks): Morocco – France – Spain
International UNESCO Center of Mediterranean Biosphere Reserves
Castellet Castle, 24th and 25th May 2016
Tuesday 24th of May :
- 15:00h – 16:00h: Opening session and welcome by Abertis Foundation representative and Prof. Martí Boada (ICTA-UAB).
- 16:00h – 16:30h: Introduction by Prof. José Luís Briansó (UAB) and Prof.Yves Girault (MNHN).
- 16:30h – 17:00h: Coffee break
- 17:00h – 17:30h: Presentation of the 1st session of the Doctoral Symposium by Prof. Ouidad Teebba (UCA).
- Fayssal Lemjidi (PhD Student, UCA, Morocco): Neotlithic heritage between the pre-Sahara and the High Atlas
- 17:30h – 18:00h: Presentation of the 2nd session of the Doctoral Symposium by Prof. Yves Girault (MNHN)
- Yi Du (PhD Student, MNHN, France)
- 18:00h – 18:30h: Joint discussion
- 18:30h – 19:00h: Closing session
Wednesday 25th of May :
- 10:00h – 10:15h: Welcome session
- 10:15h – 10:45h: Presentation of the 3d session of the Doctoral Symposium by Prof. José Luis Briansó (UAB).
- Eloi Guerrero (PhD Student, UAB Department of Geology, Spain)
Since the XVII century Sant Julià de Llor zone, in the Guilleries massif (Catalonia), has been an economic interesting place for the exploitation and exploration mining. Today these exploitations are not actives and the relict and abandoned mines have been objective of investigation inside the geologic ambit, in the mineral deposit scale. The exposition will tract about the distinct methods (cartography, systematical sampling, study of mineral textures, stable isotopes, etc) used during the studding of these mineralizations to develop a group of results with a social and academic interest. The methodology used in this work can be extrapolated and applied to other interesting zones, developing new information related with the earth science. In addition, once the project will be finally finished, this area could be converted and applied to a touristic place related with learn and visit the geology of the local miner patrimony.
- 10:45h – 11:15h: Presentation of the 4th session of the Doctoral Symposium by Prof. M. Said Boujrouf (UCA)
- Ayoub Elouarti (PhD Student, UCA, Morocco)
- 11:15h – 11:45h: Coffee break
- 11:45h – 12:15h: Presentation of the 5th session of the Doctoral Symposium by Prof.Yves Girault (MNHN)
- Catalina González (PhD Student, MNHN, France): Exploration through different approaches of the Interpretation of Geological Heritage. Special focus on Latin-American and Spanish cases.
- 12:15h – 12:45h Presentation of the 6th session of the Doctoral Symposium by Prof. Roser Maneja (ICTA – UAB)
- Cinthia Pereira (PhD Student, UAB, Spain): Abilities to understand the territory from a socioecological perspective in Biosphere Reserves. The study cases of Montseny Biosphere Reserve (Spain) and Cerrado Biosphere Reserve (Brasil).
- 13:00h – 15:00h Lunch time and guided tour in Castellet Castle
- 15:00h – 15:30h Presentation of the 7th session of the Doctoral Symposium by Prof. Carles Barriocanal (ICTA – UAB)
- José F. Cáceres (PhD Student, UAB, Spain): Developing tools for conservation in the high Andean Area of Cajas Massif Biosphere Reserve (Ecuador).
- 15:30h – 16:30h: Closing session and future steps (COP22 – Fieldtrips)
- 16:30h – 17:15h: Closing conference by Prof. Rosângela Corrêa: Cerrado Biosphere Reserve (Brasil).